Here is a list of recently open funding opportunities on environment and wildlife conservation by various foundations supporting NGOs, institutions and individuals working to protect and conserve our environment.
Please visit the list by clicking “Next”.
Fondation Nature & Discoveries: Supporting Small and Large Concrete Projects to Protect Species and Environments
Deadline: 1 February 2017
Fondation Nature & Discoveries is seeking applications to support small and large concrete projects for nature in France in Francophone Africa and Overseas for the protection of species and environments, as well as awareness and education to the environment.
- Nature Protection: Study, inventory or reintroduction of an extinct species. Development, rehabilitation or acquisition of a natural site, support for emerging initiatives respectful of crop biodiversity.
- The nature Education: Educational projects requiring active participation of children in the realization of complementary existing ones and allow to discover and better understand the nature tools.
- Raising Public Awareness: Awareness campaign on biodiversity to the general public or to a targeted audience: publishing of written documents, realization of audiovisual and multimedia materials, organization of exhibitions .
Project Categories and Funding Information
- Educational projects (solicitation of an aid between 8000 and € 25 000 ) are examined by the Committee of Experts of the Foundation which meets in June.
- Applications for an educational project will close on 1 February 2017.
- The projects “Helping hands” (solicitation of support between € 500 and € 3000) are preselected by the Foundation team.
- This is an internal committee comprising representatives of the scientific Committee and nature lovers from employees of Nature & Discoveries teams decides the funding or not the proposed projects and the amount of aid allocated by the Foundation for each. It meets four times a year, every season.
- Applications for a “Helping Hand” project are welcome throughout the year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can fill the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: France, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City (Holy See).
For more information, please visit Fondation Nature & Discoveries.