Under this project Oxfam will support South Sudanese-led organizations as well as Ugandan Community-Based Organizations present in refugee hosting areas to carry out activities within refugee settlements under any of the following themes:
- Building peaceful coexistence with host communities
- Engaging in mediation or dispute resolution relating to incidents of violence or ongoing sources of tension either within refugee communities, or in relation to refugee and host communities;
- Supporting refugees’ awareness of and engagement in South Sudan peace processes
- Addressing ethnic and political cleavages among refugees
- Addressing youth idleness and poverty as a strategy for conflict mitigation
- Documenting and remembering the impact of the conflict
- Addressing the impacts of Covid-19 pandemic outbreak on conflict dynamics
- Engaging with authorities to develop/discuss strategies for conflict mitigation in settlements
- Time frame: Proposed activities should take place between January and December 2021.
- Budget: Proposed budgets for proposals should range from 25 to 40 million UGX for activities to take place throughout the year.
- Proposed activities should take place in Arua (new Terego and Madi Okolo Districts; for Rhino, Omugo and Imvepi settlements), Yumbe District (Bidibidi settlement), and Lamwo District (Palabek settlement). Applicant should have a physical presence in the proposed project location.
- Legal status: Applications are welcome from both South Sudanese-led organizations and initiatives, as well as Local Ugandan NGOs/community-based organizations operating in refugee hosting areas in Northern Uganda. Applicants are encouraged to register as community-based organizations, if needed.
Organizations will be selected based on:
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to conducting peacebuilding activities with South Sudanese refugees.
- Past engagements, experiences, and presence in proposed project location.
- Participation of women and youth in proposed project.
- Feasibility of proposed activities.
- Rationale for and appropriateness of program design.
- Use of innovative approaches.
- Appropriateness of proposed budget.
For more information, visit https://uganda.oxfam.org/get-involved-jobs/call-proposals-supporting-community-led-peacebuilding-districts-hosting-refugees