The Prince Albert & Area Community Foundation (PAACF) Inc. is seeking applications for its Annual Community Grant 2021.
The Prince Albert & Area Community Foundation has two funding streams this Application covers – the main source is PAACF funds and a second source is a partnership with the United Way of Saskatoon & Area – Prince Albert branch.
The COMMUNITY FUND’S granting priorities for 2021 will focus on benefitting “children, families and less advantaged communities.”
- Health – Promoting and Advancing the physical and mental well-being of individuals and families.
- Education – Enhancing the quality and accessibility of lifelong learning and educational opportunities.
- Social Development – Creating caring, safe, and supportive environments for healthy social development of families and special needs groups.
- Capacity Building – Supporting innovation that strengthens the community’s capacity to care for itself, testing new ways of providing services.
- Arts and Culture – Fostering and supporting the growth and preservation of arts and cultural activities.
- Environment – Resolving or preventing environmental and wildlife issues, supporting and encouraging appreciation of the environment.
- Note: In 2021, priority will be given to organizations and/or projects that have not received funding in prior years.
United Way: Priorities & Criteria for The United Way Prince Albert & Area Community Initiatives Fund
- To be eligible for United Way funding, services must be provided in Prince Albert and area. Organizations must have clearly stated missions in the non-profit sector and funding will be considered for program delivery only. Capital projects and Research projects are not eligible.
- The priority of the United Way Prince Albert & Area Community Fund is to invest in services that meet vital and/or emerging community needs and achieve outcomes in two focus areas:
- Poverty to Possibility: Stable Homes
- Basic needs are met
- Housing stability is acquired and maintained
- Homes are safe places
- Strong Communities: Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Well-being
- Positive mental health and ability to handle life’s challenges.
- Connectedness and involvement in the community
- Ability to navigate for access to services.
- The following are not eligible for funding through the United Way Prince Albert & Area Community Fund:
- Capital projects;
- Research projects.
- Applicants must be a Registered Charitable organization to be funded.
- Eligibility for Funding:
- Provide services which directly benefit the citizens of Prince Albert and surrounding area.
- Be a registered charity under the Income Tax Act (see guidelines for application sponsorship)
- Make services available without discrimination.
- Provide all information requested according to the grant application requirements.
- Demonstrate fiscal and management responsibility.
- Must not be in default of granting requirements from previous years.
- Criteria for Funding:
- Consideration will be given to proposals that demonstrate:
- Comprehensive, collaborative approaches across education, employment, health, social services, culture, and the environment
- Respectful, broad cultural perspective that recognizes that people need to be reached in different ways.
- Rigorous monitoring and evaluation of projects to demonstrate outcomes.
- Encourage volunteer participation.
For more information, visit https://pafoundation.ca/granting