The Social Development Commission (SDC) is pleased to announce the Parish Development Committee (PDC) Administrative Grant Program.
- Improve administrative systems and functions of PDCs and the PAC.
- Strengthen the Participatory Governance Framework
- Improve the relationship with Municipal Corporations and other stakeholders
PDCs and the PAC currently experience difficulties to finance costs incurred for administrative duties such as maintaining a secretariat, covering utilities, purchasing stationery/office equipment and hosting General Membership Meetings. The ability of PDCs and the PAC to access grant funding or pursue economic and social projects are oftentimes dependent on their level of organisation and administrative competencies. Given the aforementioned realities, the PDC Administrative Grant has been established to provide financial support on a quarterly basis to PDCs and the PAC.
Each eligible PDC and the PAC can receive $250,000 quartely.
Any PDC and the PAC can cooly if:
- An Executive is in place
- The AGM is hosted as per the Constitution
- A bank account is in place
- A Constitution is in place and its principles observed.
- Sound administrative records are kept
- A strategic plan with a budget is in place
- Quarterly reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- An efficient administrative mechanism (Secretariat) is in place
- There is representation at Local Authority’s General Meetings
For more information, visit https://sdc.gov.jm/social-development-commission-grant-call-for-proposals-december-30-2021-to-january-31-2022/