PhotoVogue is inviting artists from around the world for its second Global Open Call to submit work that challenges the traditional notions of beauty.
As all corners of the world experience cultural shifts, so too must the idea of beauty evolve. They are no longer constrained by gender, perfection, and homogeny: Beauty is not a box to be checked, a pass-fail test based on antiquated norms. It is ever expanding, and always evolving, as they liberate ourselves from tired stereotypes that previously dominated our cultural landscape. Never before has expression been more diversified, and representation more far-reaching.
PhotoVogue is endorsed by all 27 editions of Vogue worldwide. If your work is selected, you will be part of the main exhibition at the 2023 PhotoVogue Festival in Milan and will have the chance to be featured in an issue of Vogue.
With this Open Call, you could be one of the new voices that will shape not only Vogue’s future, but how they collectively experience culture. Join them and share your vision.
- PHOTO: 5 – 10 images with at least 3000px on the long side.
- VIDEO: One video file (mp4 or mov) with at least 1920px on the long side and a maximum of 60seconds running time.
- Additionally, they will select two artists who submit the most compelling and meaningful work and award them each a $5,000 grant to further their artistic endeavors and support their growth.
- They are looking for artists, who work across formats, whether through photography, video, or both, who address the question: What does beauty mean today? They welcome every kind of visual aesthetic—from realism to fantasy, documentary-inspired to glam, direct to suggestive. They will also accept projects created with AI, as long as its use is disclosed.
- PhotoVogue is endorsed by all 27 editions of Vogue worldwide. If your work is selected, you will be part of the main exhibition at the 2023 PhotoVogue Festival in Milan and will have the chance to be featured in an issue of Vogue.
- You may submit even if you have been selected from our previous Open Calls as long as you propose a new project.
- So that they may support an inclusive and diverse vision, the submissions will be evaluated by Vogue staff from all over the world and by experts from the international visual community from a wide range of backgrounds.
For more information, visit PhotoVogue.