Deadline: 15 September 2017
The Prince Claus Fund and the British Council has announced a new joint Call for Proposals for Contemporary Take, Beyond Cultural Heritage. The Fund believes that both heritage and arts have the potential to create dialogue between communities and foster mutual understanding, and that new media opens up further opportunities for such dialogues to become inclusive and immersive experiences.
This call seeks proposals that enable young people to engage with diverse cultural heritage within their own context and/or across six countries of South Asia (i.e. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) through contemporary artistic and new media interventions.
The Fund encourages ground-breaking, cross-disciplinary initiatives by individual artists, creative professionals as well as cultural organisations from the aforementioned countries; especially projects that experiment on the intersection between contemporary arts, cultural heritage and new media to:
- Engage young people with museums,
- Engage young people with built heritage and/or
- Engage young people with traditions and oral histories
The Prince Claus Fund supports projects within the financial range of €5.000 – €20.000
- Support is only given to individual person’s ororganisations living, registered and working in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Individuals applying for the call must be citizens of one of the countries.
- In the case of a collaborative project with individuals or organizations from outside the eligible countries, the above criteria apply to the main applicant.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
For more information, please visit Prince Claus Fund.