The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (HBS) is seeking applications for the Production and Broadcast of Radio Program on Jordanian Migrant Workers.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (hbs) is part of the Green political movement and seeks to contribute to the development of a diverse and vivid global civil society. They aim to encourage and facilitate local initiatives and regional cooperation. Their activities are guided by the fundamental political values of universal human rights, ecology, democracy, solidarity, and non-violence.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung established the Palestine and Jordan Office (based in Ramallah) in 1999. The office is currently working in close partnership with more than 20 local partner organizations in Palestine and Jordan.
Hbs is seeking a production company and/ or a radio station to produce and broadcast a radio program in Arabic on the legal and social situation of Jordanian migrant workers living and working outside Jordan. The radio program shall report on the problems faced by migrant workers in different countries stemming from violations of human trafficking laws. The radio program shall include contributions from Jordanian migrant workers themselves to give them the opportunity to speak, share their experiences and raise their concerns.
The outputs to be delivered by the consultant are as follows:
- Production of ten episodes of a radio program in Arabic on Jordanian migrant workers who live and work outside Jordan (approx. 30 – 45 minutes each).
- Production of five Public Service Announcements (PSAs) to raise awareness on the difficult situation of migrant workers, human trafficking practices, the legal framework and existing violations (approx. 2 – 4 minutes each).
- Broadcast of the radio program episodes and PSAs by an established radio station (and if possible, in parallel streamed on social media platforms).
Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
Coordination and Responsibilities
- The contract for the consultancy will be provided by the hbs.
- The consultant will report directly to hbs.
Competencies and Experience
- Experience and a track record in journalistic radio production.
- Previous experience in journalism, especially dealing with sensitive topics with political and socio-economic dimensions in Jordan and the region.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience working in journalism.
- Ability to broadcast from an established radio station in Jordan.
- An understanding of the plight of migrant workers and the ability to deal with the topic of human trafficking in a sensitive manner.
- Willingness to conduct in-depth research on human trafficking and relevant national laws and practices in the Arab region, especially the Gulf States.
For more information, visit https://ps.boell.org/en/2022/01/17/callapplications-production-and-broadcast-radio-program-jordanian-migrant-workers