Deadline: 31 May 2016
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Consulate General in Lahore of the U.S. Department of State is seeking applications from organisations for Annual Program Statement to solicit proposals for projects that further the Public Affairs Section’s public diplomacy goals of expanding media engagement, strengthening people-to-people ties between Pakistan and the United States, and building and strengthening local partners.
- Strengthening Civil Society through the promotion of local cultural heritage, traditional and modern art forms, and other forms of creative expression; support for civil society organizations, educational institutions; or the emerging leaders in these fields through linkages with U.S. counterparts.
- Supporting Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship through projects that promote human/workers’ rights, women’s empowerment, corporate social responsibility, access to finance, inclusion of minorities or persons with disabilities, and support for entrepreneurs. Particular emphasis should be placed on strengthening chambers of commerce, entrepreneurs, and core private-sector industries through interactions or linkages with U.S. counterparts.
- Fostering Regional Stability through projects that support academic, art and cultural exchanges; civil society; as well as other exchanges and projects by strengthening ties between the United States, Pakistan, and regional neighbors; thus assisting in the development of friendly, sympathetic and peaceful relations.
- Supporting Public Sector Institutions through projects that strive to improve communications capacity and professionalism for civil servants, and local and national public sector institutions; capacity building and training, and English-language programs specific to civil service professions.
Funding Information: Proposals may be between $10,000 and no more than $50,000.
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Pakistani registered not-for-profit, for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations, and educational institutions with relevant programming experience.
- This experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
- A copy of the organization’s registration should be provided with the proposal application.
- U.S.-based organizations should submit a copy of their IRS determination letter.
- Pakistan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Pakistan
For more information, please visit PAS Annual Program Statement.