SMART Balkans Project, funded by the Norway Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is implemented by consortium of organizations: Centar za promociju civilnog drustva (CPCD) from Bosnia and Herzegovina as a Lead Applicant, in partnership with Center for Research and Policy Making (CRPM) from North Macedonia, and Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia.
- Overall objective of the Project is to contribute to strengthening participatory democracies and Euro Atlantic integrations in the Western Balkans by empowering civil society organizations and CSO networks for stronger and active role in creating peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia.
- Specific objectives of the SMART Balkans project are:
- Stronger, more sustainable, and vibrant CSOs in the six countries of the Western Balkans region
- Developed strong regional partnerships between civil society organizations from the region of the Western Balkans themselves and with their EU counterparts and public authorities
- Increased effectiveness of citizen influencing change through CSOs that advances Security and Stability and Governance in the Western Balkans region
- Increased awareness of public on importance of active participation of civil society in major development initiatives in the region of Western Balkans
Media Grants will provide funding for projects related to two main areas:
- Security & Stability
- SMART Balkans will support within this call 2 projects in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia with the grant amount ranging from NOK 100,000 to 181,850. (9,500 to 17,400 EUR).
- Duration: The duration of the supported initiatives will be from 6 to 12 months.
- This is a non-exhaustive list of activities that are eligible for this type of grant:
To apply for a media grant, the applicant must:
- To be a legal person;
- Be a civil society organization (CSO) or a media company, excluding political and religious organizations, as well as local branches of international organizations
- Be established in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo , S. Macedonia , Montenegro ,Serbia
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, not acting as an intermediary.
- Legal entities and individuals appearing on the EU consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to EU financial sanctions.
For more information, visit SMART Balkans .