This call is published within the project “Women in Elections in BiH”, whose main goal is to strengthen women’ leadership and participation in decision-making processes. Guided by the strict adherence to the highest standards of political neutrality, projecting will apply the UN approach to gender equality in elected positions: Action plan in six steps, to ensure a favorable environment for the growing number of elected women in all spheres of decision-making in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
It will encourage the involvement of women in public life and their position in decision-making, and provide them with realistic and equal opportunities as their men in the electoral process in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Project includes the following components:
- Strengthening women’s leadership supports the building of a new generation of capable women leaders from all spheres of social and economic life, in order to expand the resource fund, strengthen women’s leadership and participate in political life, especially by empowering female leaders and increasing women’s political participation in partner LGUs .
- Encouraging women’s political participation is based on the contextualization and application of the UN approach to gender equality in selected positions: a six-step action plan, with the aim of selecting more women in all spheres of decision-making in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Preventing and combating violence based on gender, including domestic violence, juvenile to delinquency in, the protection of the physical and mental health, human trafficking and the like.
- Implementation of activities and programs aimed at improving the quality and way of life and participation in decision-making processes with a focus on gender equality;
- Implementation of activities and programs aimed at improving working conditions, employment and access to economic resources with a focus on gender equality;
- Implementation of activities and programs in the field of education, science, culture and sports with a special focus on gender equality and inclusion of persons from vulnerable categories of the population;
- Support the creation of conditions for early prevention of illness and disease, especially in women and other vulnerable groups such a single parents and their and children up and , persons with disabilities, persons with disabilities, persons indigent and people in state social needs;
- Ensuring accessibility to all institutions and public services in accordance with the needs of socially vulnerable persons, especially children with disabilities, persons with disabilities, single parents and their children, women and other persons who cannot take care of themselves.
- Grant per log can be from a minimum of 9 .000 KM up to 11 .000 KM. For each project applicant may already provide co-financing without a defined amount.
- The duration of projects may be longer than 2 months
- Applicants who have the right to apply for this call are:
- in meetings and organizations which are registered and in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (organization / association or foundation) , operating in the partner local government and listed as holders of activities / initiatives / projects within a LGAP
- Applicants may have project partners (such as higher level institutions, NGOs, private sector, public institutions). There are no restrictions in terms of number of partners, but it is necessary that each partner has a clearly defined with a larger role in the framework of the project proposal. Grants are awarded exclusively to the applicant.
- The selected beneficiaries will sign the contract for the grant, which will be defined to hold the famous, manner and dynamics of consumption of allocated grants.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=83332