Purpose of APS Grants: PAS Moscow invites proposals for projects that strengthen ties and understanding between the American and Russian people through concrete demonstrations of cooperation between the two peoples. All grant proposals must convey an element of American history, culture, or shared values. Competitive proposals should support a priority program area. Competitive proposals should also include a connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s that will promote increased cooperation between the people of the United States and Russia even after the program has finished.
Priority Programming Areas
- Media & Information: Projects that promote an understanding of freedom of the press, good journalistic practices, increased access to information, and improved media literacy for the Russian people;
- Sharing America: Projects that promote an understanding of the American values of democracy, freedom of expression, and an open society, as well as proposals that increase the understanding of America’s diverse cultures and groups;
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility: Projects that support women and minority rights and programs that provide skills and tools for people with disabilities;
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation: Projects that promote an understanding of entrepreneurship, American business, workplace, and legal values, and increase the entrepreneurship skills of the Russian people;
- One Planet: Projects that promote improvements, innovation, advancement, and collaboration in the areas of community and regional health, technology, and the environment, and energy.
- English Language: Projects that support innovative, interactive teaching, and learning of the English language. Projects that support ongoing efforts of the Regional English Language Office will be especially welcome.
- Length of performance period: Up to 24 months
- Number of awards anticipated: Dependent on funds availability
- Award amounts: Awards may range from $25,000 – $250,000
- Total available funding: To be determined
- Type of Funding: Fiscal Year 2022 Public Diplomacy Funding
- Anticipated project start date: October 2022
- Eligibility is limited to U.S. and Russian entities qualified to receive U.S. grants and able to develop and implement programs in the Russian Federation. These include:
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=340299