The U.S. Embassy to Moldova Public Diplomacy Section is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
The U.S. Embassy to Moldova invites proposals that strengthen ties between the U.S. and the Republic of Moldova through programming that highlights shared values and promotes greater cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert(s), organization(s), or institution(s) in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
- Active community of leaders
- Better image of the U.S.
- Better understanding of the U.S.
- Better image of Americans
The U.S. Embassy Moldova is soliciting proposals for projects designed for Moldovan audiences that address any or all of the priorities:
- Support Independent Voices
- Promote U.S.-Moldova cultural, educational, scientific, or sports ties
- Deepen Moldovans’ understanding of American culture and values
- Reach regional audiences
- Enhance accountability and good governance
Priority will be given to projects that involve audiences from Gagauzia and Transnistrian regions as well as audiences outside major cities. Applicants are encouraged to look at ways of using cultural programs (music, arts, literature, education) to support one of the above priorities.
- Length of performance period: 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: 5-10 awards (dependent on amounts)
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
- Total available funding: $200,000
Participants and Audiences
The U.S. Embassy welcomes projects reaching audiences outside of Chisinau. Applicants are encouraged to design their projects to include marginalized groups, minorities.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- American non-profit NGOs which will partner with a Moldovan NGO or will reach a Moldovan audience
- Public and private educational and cultural institutions
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=336539