The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) is pleased to announce the Public invitation to civil society organizations/non-governmental organizations to submit project proposals in the area of Rudo Municipality.
The subject of the Public Call is to strengthen partnership relations between civil society organizations and LGUs by building awareness of the usefulness of mutual cooperation and encouraging sustainable dialogue, all with the aim of providing better services to the local community. The activity is carried out as part of the ReLOaD 2 project, financed by the European Union (EU), and implemented by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in six countries of the region, namely: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), the Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia.
- The overall goal of the project is to strengthen participatory democracy and EU integration in the Western Balkans, by empowering civil society and encouraging young people to actively participate in the decision-making process, as well as improving the stimulating legal and financial environment for civil society.
- The specific goal of the project is to strengthen partnerships between local authorities and civil society in the Western Balkans, by expanding the successful model of transparent project financing of CSOs (LOD methodology) from the budget of local self-government units, aimed at greater civic participation and youth participation in decision-making processes and improvement of service provision in local communities.
- The general goal of this call is to further strengthen partnership relations between civil society organizations and LGUs by building awareness of the usefulness of mutual cooperation and encouraging sustainable dialogue, all with the aim of providing better services to the local community.
Thematic areas, such as social services for the most vulnerable, social inclusion, gender equality, environmental protection, human rights and similar are in the focus of the ReLOaD2 project.This is an opportunity to invite all civil society organizations (CSOs) from Bosnia and Herzegovina to submit project proposals related to the development goals and strategic documents of the Municipality of Rudo , from the following priority areas:
- Social Inclusion And Employment Support
- Protection Of The Environment
- Projects that contribute to the development of the population’s awareness of environmental protection
- Projects that contribute to increasing awareness of the importance of protecting flora and fauna and its sustainability
- Encouragement Of Employment And Affirmation Of Entrepreneurship
- Innovative projects that encourage the improvement of knowledge and skills of women and young people
- Social Policy And Health Protection Of The Population
- Innovative projects that help new services for the elderly and socially vulnerable categories of the population
- Support for people with developmental disabilities and their families
- Culture And Sport
- Innovative cultural and sports content for children and young people
- Informal Education
- Support for projects that encourage the development of innovative and educational content for children and young people in the Rudo municipality
- The Young
- Projects that promote volunteerism and youth interaction
- Projects that provide support to children and young people in the countryside
- Financial resources will be allocated to those civil society organizations whose projects contribute to solving one or more priorities, and which meet the other conditions of the public call.
- Amounts of financial resources (grants) for projects
- The value of project proposals to be awarded under this call must be between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: 10,000.00 KM
- maximum amount: 50,000.00 KM
- One civil society organization can submit several project proposals within one or more public calls, with the maximum monetary amount of funds that can be allocated for the implementation of projects to one civil society organization during the total duration of the ReLOaD2 project being KM 120,000.00.
- The duration of projects can be from 6 (six) to 11 (eleven) months, in the period from February 2023 to December 2023.
Types of Projects
- The projects that will be selected for financing should be prepared in accordance with the public call, i.e. to the specified priority strategic areas expressed through the topics of the public call . CSO projects should be created in response to specific needs in local communities and for specific target groups identified by the project.
- Projects should consist of independent operational activities with clearly formulated operational objectives, target groups and planned outcomes.
- The project should be integrated as a methodological set of activities, created to achieve certain specific goals and results within a limited time frame.
- Regular CSO activities of the applicant and/or partner will not be financed through this public call. This refers to a standard set of CSO activities that occur each year (eg participation of sports clubs and/or prominent athletes in league competitions, traditional tournaments, registration fees for referees, etc.). If the CSO writes a project for activities with a new group of users and in accordance with the mentioned topics, e.g. a free football school for boys or girls from socially disadvantaged categories can be financed by public invitation.
- If during the duration of the project it is expected that income will be generated from some project activity, it is necessary to specify how this income will be disposed of, that is, to propose who will be the beneficiaries of this part in the local community. In order to be considered, the project should have a textually described section on how to direct the income generated within the project, in order to avoid individual profit and ensure the benefit of the project for the community.
- Projects must be implemented exclusively on the territory of the Municipality of Rudo and for the residents of the Municipality of Rudo. In exceptional cases, it is allowed to carry out certain activities on the territory of another LGU if there are objective reasons for this, which are stated in the project proposal.
- Participation in this public call is open, on equal grounds, to all formally registered CSOs (association/association or foundation), in accordance with the applicable legal regulations in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- In order to apply for the public call, applicants must:
- Be a formally registered CSO in accordance with applicable legal regulations (association/association or foundation);
- Potential applicants cannot participate in the call or receive grants if they do not submit a signed and scanned statement of eligibility with the project proposal.
- This public call is not open to branches of foreign and international associations, foundations and other non-profit organizations registered and operating in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Applicants will be excluded from participation in the call or from the awarding of grants if, at the time of the call for submission of project proposals, they are:
- Subjects of conflict of interest (eg employees of partner LGUs who at the same time hold executive or managerial roles in CSOs);
- Provided false information or failed to provide necessary information;
- Tried to obtain confidential information, influenced the evaluation committee or the authorized party for contracts during the evaluation process of the call for submission of project proposals.
- Partnerships and Partner Eligibility
- Applicants can apply independently or in partnership with other civil society organizations/NGOs.
- Partner organizations
- Project partners can be: only other civil society organizations/non-governmental organizations. The applicant’s partners participate in the creation and implementation of the project, the same rules apply for partner organizations as for the costs of the project holder (applicant). Partner organizations must meet the same eligibility requirements as the applicant. If applying in partnership, the “Applicant” will be the lead organization, and if selected, as the contracting party (“Beneficiary”), will bear full legal and financial responsibilities for the execution of the project. The partnership statement must be filled in correctly and form an integral part of the application.
- The following activities will not be funded as part of project proposals under this public call:
- Sponsorships for individuals to participate in workshops, seminars, conferences, congresses, studies and trainings;
- Occasional conferences (unless they are necessary for the successful implementation of the project);
- Purchase of equipment and/or reconstruction or rehabilitation works (unless it is necessary for the successful implementation of the project in total total amount up to 30% of the budget value);
- Financing of projects that are already underway or have been completed;
- Projects for the benefit of individuals, i.e. projects that have no significance for the wider social community;
- Projects supporting political parties;
- Allocation of humanitarian aid (humanitarian packages, direct financial or material aid, etc.);
- Awarding grants to third parties;
- Acquisition of used equipment;
- Awarding financial rewards to participants/users in the project during or after the project;
- Projects that include certain health services that are already covered by the health care system.
- If the above-mentioned activities form the backbone of the project, the evaluation committee will disqualify the projects. The evaluation committee will disqualify projects that do not comply with the public call on the following grounds:
- Projects that last shorter or longer than the expected duration of projects under this public call, shorter than 6 or longer than 11 months in the period February 2023 to December 2023;
- Projects whose required budget is below the minimum of 10,000.00 KM or over the maximum of 50,000.00 KM;
- Projects that are not carried out on the territory of the Municipality of Rudo and are not for the residents of the Municipality of Rudo;
- Projects that have discontinuity in the implementation of activities (one or more months during the duration of the project, activities on the project are not foreseen);
- Projects whose budget does not comply with the rules of this public call.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=96768