The Quesnel Community Foundation is seeking applications for its 2021 Grant program to support projects that benefit local area residents, provide a service to the community or take a new or innovative approach to needs and concerns within the North Cariboo region.
The Quesnel Community Foundation, a non-governmental community foundation, was founded in 2001 to give area residents a secure program for providing an endowment to permanently enrich the quality of life in the region.
Field of Interest Grants
- Holger Bauer Forest Safety Award – a grant in aid for forest safety, outdoor recreation, forest stewardship and conservation.
- David Gibb Memorial Art Award – a grant in aid to support the practice of the arts by both groups and individuals in the Quesnel area.
The Quesnel Community Foundation supports a broad range of projects that offer a service to the community or approach a community challenge or concern in an innovative fashion. Projects approved for funding will encompass one or more of the following categories:
Preference will be given to new initiatives that:
- have broad public appeal;
- are widely accessible to the community;
- promote and enhance self-sufficiency within the community;
- emphasize and utilize the skills and resources that exist in the community;
- strengthen the social and cultural structure of the community;
- demonstrate partnership and collaboration;
- will realize a significant result with the funding;
- have a definite purpose and a clear timeline;
- respond creatively and effectively to local problems and challenges;
- build on the community’s social capital and civic vitality, and
- agree to a commitment for project evaluation and assessment.
- Community organizations that are registered charities or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act are eligible to apply for grants from the Foundation.
- Please note: Non-profit society registration in British Columbia does not, by itself, qualify an organization as a registered charity.
- Applications from an organization that does not have charitable status may be considered if the applicant organization partners with a registered charity (Qualified Donee) that will receive the funds for the proposed project. The City of Quesnel acts as the Qualified Donee for organizations that have projects approved by the Foundation. The relationship must be a formal arrangement set out in writing between the registered charity (City) and the applicant organization after FINAL project approval by the Foundation.
For more information, visit http://www.quesnelfoundation.ca/receive/