The REALTOR® Foundation is currently accepting applications for its grant program to mobilize the real estate community to raise funds and foster support for organizations that transition central Indiana’s homeless to safe and secure housing.
The Foundation focuses primarily on the transitional housing needs and supportive services for central Indiana residents who are homeless as a result of, but not limited to, the following situations: domestic abuse or violence, natural disasters, mental illness, addiction, job loss, or other personal tragedies.
The REALTOR® Foundation prioritizes proven housing-based solutions linked with support services.
Housing-based solutions focus on moving people who are homeless into transitional housing or affordable rental housing and providing them with the supports they need to remain there.
- Organizations may request up to $20,000 for the proposed project.
- Typical awards range from $5,000 to $15,000.
- The number and final amount of grants are contingent on funding availability.
- Funding eligibility is limited to 501(c) 3 non-profit organizations. Funding will assist organizations or residents in the MIBOR service area which includes Boone, Brown, Decatur, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Montgomery, Morgan and Shelby Counties.
- The Foundation prioritizes programs that directly provide housing solutions. Organizations applying for funding without a housing program component must demonstrate measurable outcomes that reduce recidivism of homelessness.
For more information, visit https://miborrealtorfoundation.org/what-we-do/apply-for-a-grant.html