Choose Love, Inc. is incredibly proud to be part of a group of organisations coming together to fund refugee-led initiatives in Lebanon. This call is expected to strengthen the role of refugee-led and local initiatives in Lebanon and to support communities to better address their needs, speak in their own voice, and organize for broader change.
Purpose: To support small-scale initiatives in Lebanon to work with communities of both newcomers and locals to address humanitarian needs and enable the promotion and realization of fundamental rights. Organizations must be refugee-led initiatives.
For this initiative’s purposes, “refugee-led initiatives” are formal and informal organizations, coalitions, and networks that prioritize meaningful inclusion of refugees in governance, program design, and decision-making. In Lebanon, refugee-led initiatives may be registered to or co-run with the host community, given legal restrictions.
- Eligible organizations can apply for a grant in the range of $5,000 to $80,000 for either core costs or project support.
- You must be registered as a non-profit entity or working with a non-profit fiscal sponsor.
- Your work must address basic needs and promote human rights.
- Your organisation must have a strong reputation within your community, with peers who can attest to your work.
- You must employ an inclusive, community-led approach.
- You must work to close and prevent current and future gaps in services in camp, settlement or urban settings and/or promote human rights and community building.
- You must have an annual turnover no higher than $1 million.
- You must have a level of administrative capacity to share project updates and meet reporting requirements.
- You must fit the definition of “refugee-led initiative”.
- At this time, they are unable to fund rights-based organisations which focus exclusively on migrant domestic workers.
For more information, visit https://helprefugees.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PUBLIC-FACING_-RLO-ToR-Call-for-Proposals-3.pdf