The City of Gilroy’s Housing and Community Development Division of the Community Development Department announces the availability of a Requests for Proposals (RFP) for the use of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and local Housing Trust Fund (HTF) grant funding in FY 2021-2022.
The primary objectives of the CDBG Program include activities that benefit low-income households, aid in the prevention of slums or blight, or meet an urgent community need.
The minimum grant amount is $7,500.
The awards are for a one-year period. The fiscal year will run from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
Each agency applying for funding must meet the following “Entry Criteria”:
- The proposed project must meet the Low/Mod Income (LMI) HUD National Objective
- Must be an eligible HUD activity.
- Acquisition of Real Property
- Public Facilities and Improvements
- Public Services (subject to 15% cap)
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Homeownership Assistance
- Economic Development
- This RFP seeks proposals that will meet the following Consolidated Plan Goals:
- Preserve affordable housing for home ownership
- Install safety and enhanced public improvements
- Small Business Expansion
- Workforce development
- Supportive services for homeless
- Supportive services for special needs populations
- Fair Housing support
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Must be a unit of local government or an incorporated non-profit organization having 501(c) (3) status.
- Must have an audit/financial statement or a designated fiscal agent who will assume all financial responsibilities.
- Must use funds within the City limits of Gilroy, or in such other location as is approved by City in writing, for the purpose of benefitting low and very low-income Gilroy residents.
For more information, visit https://www.cityofgilroy.org/284/Block-Grant-Funds