The Seattle Foundation is pleased to launch the Resilience Fund to support community organizations protecting and standing with residents facing increased risks and uncertainty.
Since its inception, the Resilience Fund has supported community-based nonprofits in King County with flexible funding to address unanticipated and emerging challenges that impact marginalized populations in the region. Grants are made to nonprofits facing increased needs for support, legal guidance, organizing and advocacy to address threats and discrimination based on factors including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability and country of origin.
- The Resilience Fund provides grants of up to $ 20,000 to community-based nonprofits.
- The Resilience Fund addresses both urgent and systemic issues facing the community. They hope to respond to a broad range of issues and support nonprofits providing direct services and engaging in organizing and advocacy work. Seattle Foundation provides grants to organizations that are based in and have a scope of work primarily within King County. Organizations must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or be fiscally sponsored by a tax-exempt nonprofit entity. The Foundation does not provide grants to individuals.
- The Foundation is looking to fund organizations that:
- Can make a clear link between specific policy decisions at the national level directly causing amplified threats, erosion of rights or discrimination to the communities your organization serves in King County;
- Proposes projects that are equitable, inclusive, and help communities adjust to rapidly changing conditions and offer immediate impact;
- Have staff and / or board leadership that reflect the communities served (eg, Black, Indigenous people of color (BIPOC), immigrants, people with disabilities, low-income residents or LGBTQIA + community members);
- Are actively working to advance racial and economic equity;
- Train and engage community leaders in advocacy, base building and community organizing;
- Have activities already underway in King County;
- Demonstrate expertise in their particular issue / field.
For more information, visit https://www.seattlefoundation.org/blueprint-for-impact/civic-leadership/catalyzing-community/resilience-fund