The Rice County Area United Way is seeking applications for its grants program to improve quality of life in the communities the County serve through effective programs.
The mission of Rice County Area United Way is to mobilize the resources and caring power of individuals, organizations and networks to strengthen the community.
The purposes include raising funds, providing leadership, identifying and addressing community needs, and supporting an effective and balanced delivery system of human care.
- Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations or governmental units performing service in the areas of health, human services, or education will be considered for grants.
- Grants may be given to support an organization’s operations and/or active programs providing direct services to those in need during the fiscal year July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 within our service areas and ZIP codes:
- Dennison, 55018
- Dundas, 55019
- Faribault, 55021
- Kilkenny, 56052
- Lonsdale, 55046
- Montgomery, 56069
- Morristown, 55052
- Nerstrand, 55053
- Northfield, 55057
- Warsaw, 55087
- Webster, 55088
- Applicants should address a demonstrated need, explain how the organization or program helps solve the need, explain how it measures results, and quantify the organization’s success. Rice County Area United Way will consider quantifiable outcomes, not simply activities, when reviewing applications.
- The County gives priority consideration to programs that serve the greatest need and help the greatest number of community members in areas of focus. It look for applicants to demonstrate how their programs serve those in need and solve problems in community.
- Organizations that have not received funding from the United Way in the past are welcome to apply. Past United Way grants are no guarantee of future funding.
- United Way will not consider grants for:
- Capital projects
- Organizations that espouse political or religious advocacy as part of their services
- Organizations that engage in significant fundraising activity during one month of the annual United Way Campaign (Oct. 1-31). Certain exceptions may apply.
For more information, visit https://www.ricecountyunitedway.org/grants