In response to the pressure COVID has placed on nonprofits, the Riverside County Board of Supervisors approved $5 million in CARES funding to establish the Riverside County Nonprofit Assistance Fund. Operating grants will be awarded to organizations to assist with their operating expenses and costs associated with loss of revenue due to the outbreak.
The Inland Empire Community Foundation (IECF) was awarded the funds to administer, in partnership with the Riverside County Homeless Solutions and Workforce Department and the Inland Empire Funder’s Alliance.
- Grants range from $2,500 – $10,000
- Nonprofit, public benefit organizations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- 501(c) (6) organizations such as Business leagues, Chambers of Commerce, Real estate boards, or Boards of trade are also eligible to apply.
- Nonprofits must be headquartered or have an office in Riverside County.
- Nonprofits that have less than 50 employees.
- Nonprofits with budgets of less than $1,500,000.
- The new applicant that has not received a prior grant through the Riverside County Nonprofit Assistance Fund.
How to Apply
- Go to the link provided on their website.
- Complete all required fields on the online form.
- Submit your current 501(c) (3) or 501(c)(6) final determination letter from the IRS
- Your 501(c) (3) final determination letter from the IRS, is a federal document. Please review carefully your IRS letter and it should have the language that it is a Final Determination that your organization is a 501c3
- Unacceptable documents:
- CA State Franchise Tax Board letter;
- IRS Letter of Application Received for requesting an EIN number;
- IRS Letter stating a temporary designation of a 501c3 and expired Advance Ruling Period.
- Submit your 2020 operating budget (current calendar or fiscal year).
- Submit a Safe Reopening Plan per the Riverside County Guidelines. This is required to receive funds.
For more information, visit https://www.iegives.org/funds/riverside-county-npo-assistance-fund/