The Agricultural Bureau of South Australia is inviting applications for its Rural Youth Bursary Program to provide young people (18-30) working in rural areas within South Australia the opportunity to pursue further study, undertake a study tour or to develop a special project, which will ultimately benefit the rural community.
The Rural Youth Bursary (The Bursary) is open to applicants employed in any rural capacity and not restricted to primary production.
- The Bursary is made possible by funding from Primary Industries and Regions SA and offers a $5000 grant to the successful recipient.
- PIRSA is committed to growing primary industries and driving regional development.
- The Bursary is open to all young South Australians (18-30) working in rural areas who wish to pursue further study, undertake a study tour or to develop a special project, in their chosen career. Applicants must submit their own applications.
- Selection will be based upon the applicant’s abilities, achievements and motivation to succeed in their chosen career.
- The recipient will need to demonstrate competency in their study, career and interpersonal skills and will be expected to work within his/her chosen career while holding The Bursary. They will also need to demonstrate how this will benefit their rural community.
- A written application by the applicant must be submitted prior to the deadline.
- Finalists will then be selected and interviewed by the selection panel.
For more information, visit https://www.agbureau.com.au/awards/rural-youth-bursary