San Bernardino County and Inland Empire Community Foundation (IECF) have launched The San Bernardino County Nonprofit Assistance Fund to help nonprofits survive the impacts of COVID-19 on their operations.
The fund was developed after the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors approved $5 million in financial support to the nonprofit community using CARES Act funding.
Under the new program, grants will be awarded to nonprofits that demonstrate reimbursable COVID-19 expenses that were incurred in response to the pandemic or to mitigate the effects of COVID on their operations.
- Grants range from $2,500 – $20,000
- Nonprofit, public benefit organizations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- Nonprofits must be headquartered or have an office in San Bernardino County
- Nonprofits that have less than 50 employees
- Nonprofits with budgets of $1,000,000 or less
- Nonprofits must be able to document expenditures that are eligible under the CARES Act including costs that are used to assist in responding to the Pandemic or to mitigate the effects of the Pandemic on the nonprofit organization. These may include but are not limited to:
- Changed Programming;
- Decreased Client Load;
- Expansion of Programs;
- Inability to Deliver Programs;
- Increased Client Load;
- Loss of Volunteers;
- Costs for COVID Compliance;
- Payroll Limitations;
- Reduction of Program;
- Revenue Loss;
- Salary Cuts;
- Temporary Closure.
For more information, visit https://www.iegives.org/funds/sb-county-npo-assistance-fund/