The Shell Canada is accepting applications for its Grant Program to provide funding for community projects and initiatives that are located near facilities and exploration interests throughout Canada.
Shell is an integrated energy company that aims to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible.
Social Investment Themes
- Adult Learning;
- Kindergarten-Grade 12 (Early Learning, High School Completion, STEM and Cultural Retention).
- Community Skills & Enterprise Development
- Driver behaviour;
- Emergency response;
- Pedestrian safety.
- Biodiveristy/Conservation efforts;
- Improve local environment;
- Water programs or initiatives.
- Access to and quality of health care;
- Provision of equipment;
- Prevention of illness.
- Access to Energy
- Support of energy services;
- Access to energy products.
- Community Development
- Traditional livelihood and cultural retention;
- Indigenous inequity / MMIWG;
- Community capacity building.
Shell’s social investment program does not fund the following:
- Individuals or individual pursuits;
- Golf tournaments, hockey tournaments, tennis, fishing or other sporting tournaments;
- Sports – professional, recreational or minor sports teams;
- For-profit organizations;
- Trips, tours, and travel expenses;
- Third-party fundraiser or fundraising events;
- Conferences, forums, trade shows, conventions, seminars (unless industry-related);
- Religious causes that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis;
- Advertising, film, video, television, and book productions;
- Private foundations;
- Fraternal and labour organizations/service clubs;
- Private (fee-based) elementary or secondary schools;
- Political parties or lobby groups;
- Projects where benefits occur outside Canada.
For more information, visit https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/sustainability/communities/funding-guidelines-process.html