Deadline: 12 November 2016
The Swedish Public Employment Service and the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) are seeking applicants for its International Training Programme, “Productive Employment and Decent Work for Sustainable Development” with an aim to strengthen the capacity of decision makers and other stakeholders from Africa and Asia in the field of labour market policy, and exchange experience within the area of labour market policy between countries and regions as well as creating work between key persons.
The programme focus is based on two broad themes related to labour market policies, namely information, forecasting and labour relations- the social dialogue.
The training course in Sweden will be held in Stockholm and the total duration of the programme is 18 month.
- Knowledge and enhanced capacity in labour market policies and its role in economic growth.
- Knowledge of the value of the social dialogue for decent work and productive employment.
- To initiate and manage sustainable reform processes in the labour market.
- Capacity building and new tools to plan and implement project of change.
- Kenya, Mozambique, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Cambodia and Bangladesh are invited to apply for the International Training Programme.
- Participants can come from ministries, government agencies, trade unions, employers’ organizations and NGOs and enterprises.
- Participants must be able to participate in the reform processes in the labour sector in their countries
- Participants must be officially nominated by their own organisations and in some cases by authorities.
- Nominating organisations and the selected candidates must accept their commitment to participate in all phases of the programme.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit International Training Programme.