The aim of the project is to provide financial assistance to sustainable development activities carried out on the spot by local non-political and non-governmental institutions and organizations, thus helping to improve the living standards of the local population, especially in the area of education, health, and access to basic living resources.
The Czech Republic perceives the need to help in developing countries and thus contribute to improving the living conditions of people in the poorest areas.
- The Government of the Czech Republic contributes to each approved project with an amount of 8,000 – 18,000 EUR depending on the scope of the project.
Basic conditions for participation in a small-scale local project:
- an application may be submitted only by an acknowledged non-political and non-governmental entity with legal personality
- experience with development activities
- sustainability of the development project
- a duly completed and timely delivered identification form.
- The implementer of the SSP is a local subject with legal personality in the country of the project implementation,
- The implementer must be eligible to sign a contract with MFA CZ that establishes jurisdiction of Czech laws and Czech courts,
- It is desirable that the implementer would cooperate with Czech subjects, e.g. would purchase Czech products, use Czech know-how, etc.,
- Czech financial contribution for the project is 200,000 CZK – 500,000 CZK (co-financing from other sources is arbitrary and desirable) and the total cost of salary/fee, subsistence allowance, accommodation, travel cost, and eventual insurance and vaccination of the experts must not exceed 25 % of the project´s total costs,
- Funds are allocated to non-political and non-governmental group only,
- Submitted proposals can be changed based on the notice from the Embassy until the deadline set by the Embassy.
- Implementation of the project can be started only after signing the contract,
- Project implementation must not exceed 31st October of the relevant year (project billing must also be done by this date),
- SSP does not include the payment of the implementer´s administrative costs,
- The financial amount approved for the implementation of the SSP in CZK is also binding for the conversion into foreign currency,
- One of the crucial condition is project sustainability (meaning the project would be able to run in a future without further financial support),
- The tangible assets of the project should be marked with a logo of the Czech development cooperation. In the case of project´s intangible assets, it is always necessary to mention the financial support of the Czech development cooperation,
- The transfer of funds between items in the approved identification form must be justified in writing to the Embassy and described in the final report.
- The project implementer is obliged to submit a written final project report, incl. financial report to the Embassy no later than one month after the end of the project,
- The photo documentation of the project outcomes has to be attached to the final report by the implementer.
For more information, visit https://www.mzv.cz/abuja/en/news_events/open_call_for_a_so_called_small_scale.html