The Foundation aims to:
- strengthen social cohesion and balance in Switzerland, as well as to promote integration and understanding, especially between the linguistic areas of the country;
- contribute to the conservation and development of cultural values and natural livelihoods essential to Switzerland.
- You can send your requests for support in the following fields of action:
- In terms of environmental promotion, the Binding Foundation supports projects aimed at promoting biodiversity and enhancing high-quality landscaped spaces.
- Social Work
- As part of the promotion of sociability, the Binding Foundation is committed to social cohesion and equal opportunities in Switzerland. It has an eye for the integration of children and adolescents as well as for the strengthening of social participation and exchanges between linguistic regions.
- In the promotion of culture, the Binding Foundation strives to ensure the lasting preservation of architectural monuments. It also sponsors high-level artistic activity carried out on a professional basis in selected sectors of music, dance and the visual arts.
- It also encourages individual experience of artists’ work and creation as well as architectural cultural heritage, and their enjoyment by a large audience.
What they don’t Support?
- Project types
- Projects taking place outside Switzerland.
- Fundraising actions and general donation campaigns.
- Festivals, jubilees, open days.
- Conferences, seminars, congresses, cycles of events.
- Contributions for diploma work/dissertations, scholarships.
- Research and publications without concrete application potential.
- Subsidies for publications, films.
- Exhibitions (except within the framework of the Binding Sélection d’Artistes promotion programme).
- Individuals, families, schools.
- Profit-oriented companies (SA, limited liability company, sole proprietorship).
- Federal and cantonal authorities.
- Fundraising organizations (i.e. large charitable organizations that invite a large number of people to participate in fundraisers every year).
- Financial aspects
For more information, visit Sophie and Karl Binding Foundation.