The Southborough Community Fund (SCF) is seeking applications for its grant cycle 2020 that brings innovative thinking to big issues and small ones. The grant program promotes a spirit of philanthropic giving to support organizations that are working to create solutions for current needs and that are implementing new ideas that will improve Southborough for the future.
- Human Services: To support families, youth, seniors, and underserved populations in creating pathways that improve overall quality of life.
- Arts & Culture: To support the cultural vitality of the Southborough community, including the visual arts, the performing arts, and historic preservation.
- Environment: To preserve Southborough’s natural resources and to increase environmental awareness, education, and engagement.
- Community Building: To support increased volunteerism and community involvement, to strengthen civic engagement, and to emphasize collaborations that enhance community initiatives.
- Grants range from $1,000 to $10,000; grants of more than $10,000 may be considered on a case-by-case basis for projects of exceptional merit.
- All applicants must have:
- 501(c)(3) tax status as a registered nonprofit organization OR have an eligible fiscal sponsor OR be a Town of Southborough department, board, or commission.
- Programming that wholly or predominantly serves Southborough residents
- At this time, SCF will not accept applications from:
- Southborough schools
- Organized youth sport programs
- Proposals may be submitted for:
- Programming (existing, pilot, or expanded)
- Capacity-building efforts including, but not limited to:
- Strategic planning
- Data and evaluation
- Organizational development
- Communications and marketing
- Board of Directors (e.g., succession planning)
For more information, visit https://foundationmw.org/receive/grants/how-to-apply/