The Wolfson Foundation is awarding grants to support special schools and colleges for children and young people with special educational needs.
- Minimum grant amount: £15,000
- Usual grant range: £20,000 – £75,000
- Match funding required: Yes, if project cost is >£50,000
What they don’t fund?
- There are specific projects and costs which are not eligible for funding from this programme:
- Playgrounds and play equipment, including sensory play
- Equipment funds
- Facilities for primary or pre-school children.
- They also do not fund:
- Purchase of land or existing buildings (including a building’s freehold)
- Grants direct to individuals
- Grants through conduit organisations
- Overheads, maintenance costs and VAT
- Non-specific appeals (including circulars) and endowment funds
- Costs of meetings, exhibitions, concerts, expeditions, conferences, lectures, etc.
- Salary costs
- Running costs, including vehicle fuel and maintenance
- Film, websites or promotional materials
- Repayment of loans
- Projects that have already been completed or will be by the time of award.
- Your organisation should:
- be a registered charity or a local authority
- if applicable, have at least a ‘good’ rating from a regulator such as CQC or Ofsted.
- Your project should be for a new building, refurbishment work or equipment that leads to at least one of the following aims:
- Increased access to services for new and existing users at secondary/post-16 level
- Improved quality and range of services
- Improved financial stability of the organisation.
For more information, visit Wolfson Foundation.