The Squamish Community Foundation is now inviting applications for its Annual Grant.
Grants are an investment in people, ideas, and community. Funded by the income earned from the endowment funds, the Squamish Community Foundation awards grants to eligible organizations focused on causes that improve the lives and wellbeing of Squamish residents.
- Health and Social Development,
- Recreation and Sports Arts,
- Culture and Heritage,
- Youth and Families,
- Environment, or
- Community Enhancement.
Projects must also comply with the following criteria to qualify:
- Organizations located outside of Squamish will only be eligible if their project operates in Squamish and with the involvement of local partners.
- Be put forward by an organization with a CRA charitable registration number (i.e. BN ____ RR0001).
- Have a definite purpose and be completed in a specific period.
- Capital projects will be considered if there is a demonstrated need.
- If applying for a grant in a second consecutive year, organizations must submit their final report from the previous year before submitting a new application.
What Don’t They Fund?
- Squamish Community Foundation does not provide funding for certain types of projects.
Grants are Not:
- Awarded to retire debt or fund projects already completed.
- Awarded to fund religious or political organizations for direct religious or political activities.
- Made to support fundraising, advertising, promotional activities, or commercial events.
- Made to establish or add to endowed funds.
- Available to annual fund drives for sustaining support.
- Made to be used towards operating or capital deficits.
For more information, visit Squamish Community Foundation.
For more information, visit https://www.squamishfoundation.com/grants/#communityenhancement