Deadline: 7 September 2016
Applicants are invited to apply for Start-Up Chile Seed program. The program is for those who want to accelerate and develop a world-class startup in Chile, while helping the program shape the local culture to embrace entrepreneurship.
Start-Up Chile is a Chilean Government run program and executed by Corfo, that attracts early stage, high-potential entrepreneurs to bootstrap their startups in Chile, using it as a platform to go global. The goal of the program is to position Chile as the leading innovation and entrepreneurial hub of Latin America. This is a mission shared by the Government of Chile and the Ministry of Economy.
Start-Up Chile’s admission process is organized with the support of Younoodle, a California-based company that provides a technology platform used by leading entrepreneurship clubs and university competitions worldwide. After their review, an internal selection panel will make the final approval decision.
Those who are selected to participate in the Start-Up Chile Seed program must be able to move to Chile and stay here full time and take active part in the program for 6 at least months (consider one extra month, devoted to program procedures to get applicants started).
- Start-Up Chile Seed program ask all startups to provide a 2 minute video, explaining what pain is solved, introduce the team members and why are applicants applying to Start-Up Chile. Videos with animations will be rejected.
- Only provide the email of the person that will write applicant’s recommendation letter. Once it has been submitted (during the application process), the person will receive a notification asking to write one.
- Consulting companies, export/import companies and franchises are not accepted as they are not easily scalable on a global level.
Less than 2 years
- Applicant’s Company cannot be older than two years of age, because Start-Up Chile Seed program are looking for early stage startups.
There is two ways in which applicants can apply!
- Anyone who’s over 18 years of age can apply to the program. Also, the founder (beneficiary) needs to dedicate full time to the startup.
- A Chilean Legal Person (Chilean company), for profit, and with no more than 24 months of age in the SII (Iniciación de actividades por no más de 24 meses en el Servicio de Impuestos Internos).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via the given website.
For more information, please visit Start-Up Chile Seed.