The State Attorney’s Fund for a Safer and Healthier Community is seeking applications to reduce substance abuse and impaired driving in Greater Miami.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Created in partnership with the State Attorney’s Office for the 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, the Fund will support substance abuse treatment services, education and prevention initiatives, and programs serving victims of human trafficking.
The Fund strives to create a safer and healthier community for the residents of Miami-Dade County by supporting efforts that effectively curtail substance abuse and impaired driving as well as programs that assist survivors of human trafficking who require substance abuse treatment and counseling.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Fund seeks to create, enhance and expand quality, effective programs that achieve clear results in the areas below.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Substance Abuse Services: Help individuals overcome and recover from substance abuse by providing wraparound services that may include: substance abuse counseling and treatment, mental health services and treatment to understand and address underlying co-occurring mental health issues, and behavior and support strategies that develop an individual’s resilience to achieve a healthier and safer life, free of alcohol and substance abuse.
- Education to Prevent Impaired Driving: Reduce the prevalence and risk of youth and adult driving while impaired by providing effective educational programs, activities, and/or campaigns that educate youth and adults about the impact of alcohol and other impairing substances on their lives and their ability to drive safe, smart and sober.
- Enforcement and Deterrence of Impaired Driving: Enhance the knowledge and skills of law enforcement by providing training and support in the most current information, techniques, and best practices for the task of enforcement and deterrence of impaired driving. Applicants must demonstrate specialized knowledge in this area and history of working with law enforcement.
- Human Trafficking: Provide wraparound services such as comprehensive psychosocial assessments to identify needs, refer, or provide individuals with health care, substance abuse treatment, and mental health services for minors and adults who are victims of human trafficking.
- Grants range from $10,000 to $50,000. Award amounts are based on the scope and scale of the proposed program and its potential impact.
- Eligible applicants are nonprofits serving Miami-Dade County that show a strong track record of providing quality programs that reflect the Fund’s purpose or show strong potential to develop them. Current grantees must be in compliance with the terms of existing awards to be considered. While the Foundation will give preference to strengthening nonprofits in Greater Miami, they also encourage partnerships with those outside Greater Miami to bring quality programs to the community.
- Each organization may submit one proposal. If a program is a collaborative effort of two or more nonprofits, partners must select one nonprofit to serve as lead applicant. Colleges and universities may submit up to two requests from different departments, which will be considered competitively against each other and other applications.
For more information, visit https://miamifoundation.org/grantprograms
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.