The Douglas County Community Foundation (DCCF) is inviting applications for the 2021 LiveWell Community Wellness Grants Program to support the health of Douglas County residents by creating conditions that lead to healthy eating and physically active lifestyles.
- adopt policy, systems and environmental changes that support healthy eating and physical activity in everyday environments such as childcare centers, schools, after-school programs, workplaces, community centers, neighborhoods and places of worship, or
- offer programs that help residents make lasting improvements to their diets and activity patterns that reduce their risk for lifestyle-related chronic diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Proposal must come from a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or government entity.
- Proposal must be for work that primarily benefits residents of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Applicants must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
- Administration or general operating expenses
- Personnel costs for permanent staff
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships, or advertising
- Event sponsorships
- Fundraising events
- Annual campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Religious purposes
- Lobbying or political activities prohibited by the IRS
- Debt retirement
For more information, visit https://www.dccfoundation.org/dccf-livewell-grants.cfm