Deadline: 19 August 2018
The International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID) is inviting applications for Nigeria Grants 2018 to sponsor small scale Nigerian-led short-term initiatives that focus on building bridges between diverse religious, ethnic, political and regional communities.
Projects focusing on the following areas will be given preference: Prevention of hate speech and/or electoral violence, Media Engagement; Interfaith Exchange Programmes, Interfaith Education; promotion of the Freedom of Religion. Projects might be related to the following categories: Advocacy, Capacity-building, Publications, awareness raising campaigns, social media campaigns, etc. Kindly indicate accordingly.
Possible grants range from 500.000 Naira to 2 Million Naira and will be evaluated based on specific selection criteria.
The applications will be evaluated through a set of criteria to ensure that they match with the purpose of the call for proposals and with the objectives of KAICIID’s mandate. The criteria to be considered in the selection process are:
- Implementation and networking capacities of the applicant: Priority will be given to applicants that have the required capacities at the technical level, as well as the networking capacities, to implement projects on the ground;
- Impact of the project: # of people reached or impacted by the project;
- Cost-Impact ratio of the project: In case of projects aiming to obtain similar impacts, and falling under a similar category, priority will be given to those that indicate less budget requirements;
- Level of alignment with KAICIID’s mandate (mission and strategic aims): Considered projects should focus on IRD for Peace and Reconciliation as well as building bridges between diverse religious, ethnic, political and regional communities;
- Priority consideration will be given to proposals which entail collaboration across religious lines;
- Clarity and practicality of the proposal (regarding its objectives and deliverables);
- Sustainability, replicability & scalability of the project: Proposals that are sustainable or potentially replicable will be prioritized;
- Gender sensitiveness: A priority will be given to proposals that target equally men and women as beneficiaries or target groups.
- In addition to the above criteria, due consideration will be given by the committee to the following dimensions in the allocation of the available resources among the proposals:
- Geographical Scope: According to the country specifics, the focus can be placed on projects taking place in a specific region within the country or on initiatives aiming at a national impact;
- Categories/Types of Projects: The selection committee might decide to allocate the available resources to different categories of proposals, to have a good balance between them. The categories that could be taken into consideration include, for e.g., advocacy, capacity-building, publications, media and communication, etc.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply only via given website.
Eligible Country: Nigeria
For more information, please visit KAICIID Nigeria Grants 2018.