Deadline: 22 May 2019
Applications are open for Representation and Promotion component that funds travel linked to the international promotion of Canadian artists and artistic works.
Grants are available for registered or incorporated Canadian arts organizations to represent Canadian artists and develop their presence internationally, and establish a place for Canadian arts practice in the global arts market. Grants are also available to foreign arts organizations that invite Canadian artists to present artistic works and to Canadian arts organizations that bring international buyers to Canada.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
- Travel must be outside of Canada, at least 500 kilometers from their place of departure. Applicants can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip and for multiple trips within 1 application, to:
- Formally represent and promote Canadian artists (i.e. through a contractual relationship).
- Build on an existing tour (for artists’ representatives only).
- Bring international buyers to Canada.
- Lead a Canadian delegation abroad.
- Applicants can’t apply for activities that occur before the deadline date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Travel costs generally based on fixed amounts, up to $30000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Transportation costs generally based on fixed amounts
- Accommodation and per diem, up to 5 days per trip
- Additional shipping or baggage costs directly related to their activity, up to $2 500
- Conference fees and booth rental costs for market development events
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- Support groups, organizations and shared platforms.
- National arts service organizations.
- Festivals, presenters and touring networks.
- Book and magazine publishers.
- Agencies, management service organizations and art dealers.
- International literary, media arts and visual arts festivals.
- Applicants eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
- Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
How to apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://canadacouncil.ca/funding/grants/arts-abroad/representation-and-promotion