Deadline: 24 November 2017
- work to improve the economic, cultural or social conditions of the population in tourist recipient countries,
- Contribute towards sustainable tourism development in recipient countries,
- Contribute towards Intercultural understanding between the population of tourist sending and receiving countries.
The Foundation’s assets are to be maintained on the long run. Grants and awards are financed from the return on investments. At the moment, funds amounting to about CHF 150,000. per year are at the Foundation’s disposal to support projects and organisations in accordance with the Foundation’s objectives. The Board decides on the amount to be granted to individual projects. So far, grants for individual projects ranged between CHF 5,000. and CHF 25,000.
In order to be granted financial support, applicants must submit projects that are in line with the Foundation’s objectives, and they must observe the following criteria:
- Financial support may, in accordance with the Foundation’s objectives, be granted for activities in Switzerland as well as other countries worldwide.
- Financial support will usually be given to organisations, associations and legal entities.
- As a rule, additional grants for running projects will not be approved.
- For projects of several years’ duration, the Foundation may approve recurring grants.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their documents via given website.
For more information, please visit Swiss Foundation for Solidarity in Tourism.