The Muslim Charities Forum has launched applications for the Global Majority Fund.
In February 2021, MCF were selected as Intermediary Partner to distribute funds on behalf of Comic Relief, National Emergencies Trust (NET), The Clothworkers Foundation and Esmee Fairbairn Foundation.
Organisations working under one or more of the following themes:
- Health including mental health
- Vulnerable people
- Food poverty
- Domestic abuse
- Supporting refugee and asylum-seeker communities
They will prioritise organisations who can demonstrate that they meet the following priorities:
- Equality and Diversity.
- Strong connections within their local networks.
- Organisations who can demonstrate a commitment to innovation and sustainable solutions for positive change.
- MCF has now opened the funding application process for small-medium organisations to apply for project or core costs for up to £10,000.
Organisations who meet the above criteria will also need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Small to medium sized organisations. By this we mean organisations with an income under £500,000 in the last reported accounting year.
- Registered Charity (Charity Commission) or Community Interest Company (CIC) (Companies House)
- Up to date registered accounts.
- 3 named Trustees who are not related.
- UK-based and operating within the UK. International organisations will need to
- demonstrate with data, that they currently operate and deliver aid within the UK.
Who cannot apply?
- Unregistered organisations
- Organisations without a UK registered address
- Organisations without a named UK bank account
- Organisations above £500,00 annual income
- Organisations who have applied or already been awarded funds from The Global Majority Fund with another Comic Relief Intermediary Partner.
For more information, visit https://www.muslimcharitiesforum.org.uk/grant-funding/the-global-majority-fund/