Deadline: 30 April 2019
The grants will be used to fund research and initiatives which especially demonstrate innovation that is replicable, scalable and sustainable. Around the globe, conservationists are employing the latest technological advances to make a difference for people, wildlife, oceans, forests and clean water.
WWF-India is offering eligible individuals a one-time grant of upto INR 400,000 over a maximum period of 2 years for undertaking conservation research/ action research.
The SGIP will provide grants to individuals for activities and/or research that address issues and offer solutions or insights towards:
- Species and habitat related problems and concerns – with a focus on immediate threats and issues
- Enabling communities and other stakeholders to address local environmental concerns
- Improving local livelihoods through conservation and natural resource management or promoting livelihoods that reduce impacts on biodiversity
- Aspects of trade involving wildlife species
- Increasing understanding on the status of lesser known or lesser studied species of wildlife
- Innovative approaches to awareness raising regarding environmental concerns
- Demonstrating individual or collective action towards conservation outcomes
Criteria for Selection
- Applicants must demonstrate sound knowledge of environmental conservation and of the particular geographical area or issue that they wish to contribute to through their project. The duration of the project should be between 6 to 12 months and the scale of the project should be such that funding awarded covers the total or the majority of the requirements.
- Proposals meeting some or all of the following criteria will receive priority consideration:
- Contribute to WWF India’s mission of conservation and priority will be given to initiatives located in WWF India’s priority landscapes or geographies
- Achieve a clear outcome within the project timeframe that can be scaled up or replicated
- Encourage participatory or community-based conservation and natural resource management
- Introduce innovative approaches that can demonstrate conservation impact
- Have a clearly articulated rationale that demonstrates urgency and need for the work
How to Apply
- To be considered for a Small Grant for Innovation, interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- A completed project proposal
- A current curriculum vitae
- At least two professional references
- The proposals should follow the format provided as download on the given website.
- Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit https://www.wwfindia.org/about_wwf/small_grants_innovation_program/