The South Yorkshire’s Community Foundation (SYCF) is accepting proposals for the Community Grants Programme to support volunteer-led community groups and organisations across South Yorkshire, especially smaller, developing or less well-resourced organisations and grass-roots groups, where small amounts of funding can make a real difference.
Aims and Priorities
SYCF funds organisations trying to have at least one of the following impacts:
- Improve life skills, education, employability & enterprise.
- Maximise community cohesion & build social capacity.
- Promote reduction of isolation & disadvantage.
- Advance people’s physical health & well-being.
- Connect people will arts, culture & heritage.
- Transform access to and engagement with public spaces & the environment.
- Between £250 and £5,000, to be spent within one year.
- Community Grants are for volunteer-led, not-for-profit community organisations in South Yorkshire. This includes charities, community groups, clubs and some social enterprises. To be eligible for a grant you must:
- Have a governing document (e.g. a constitution or memorandum of association),
- Have a board or management committee of at least three unrelated people who are volunteers, not paid for their time,
- Have a bank account in the name of the group requiring at least two unrelated signatories,
- Have beneficiaries who live in South Yorkshire and be locally led and run.
- Priority will be given to local, grass-roots organisations.
- The Foundation will only fund local offices or branches of a national charity if they have their own local management committee and manage their own local finances.
For more information, visit https://www.sycf.org.uk/apply/south-yorkshire/sycf-community-grants-programme/