If you have a great community event in mind and need some financial support to realize your idea, Tauranga City Council’s community event fund may be able to assist.
The fund provides limited financial support to one-off or recurring community-focused and/or community-led events that deliver positive social outcomes for their diverse community and encourage civic pride.
The following priorities are the current strategic focus areas for the event funding framework.
- Arts and Culture;
- Communities of need;
- Healthy and accessible communities.
- The maximum grant is $4,000 +GST however, the majority of grants are $2,500 +GST per event.
- $30,000 +GST for events occurring between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021. When the fund allocation is exhausted they will update this webpage.
The events they fund must
- Provide free or low cost (i.e. $10 or under) admission to the public.
- Genuinely focus on engaging local communities and neighbourhoods, encourage participation across diverse communities and/or be community-led.
- Be run by a community organization. A community organization is a legally constituted not-for-profit community group (charitable trust or incorporated society). The applicant group must have a Trust Deed or Constitution and have been operating for a minimum of 12 months.
- Align with their event funding values and priorities. They suggest that you review these before submitting an application as all events will be measured against these overarching principles.
How to apply
- Step 1: Download the application form.
- Step 2: Fill in the application form and prepare a high-level budget.
- Step 3: Upload the completed application form, high-level budget and any other supporting documents.
For more information, visit https://www.tauranga.govt.nz/community/events/event-funding-framework/community-event-fund