Applications are now open for the Australia Day Foundation UK Trust offers financial support to young Australian’s resident abroad or in the United Kingdom who are to undertake to further their education or career in the United Kingdom in any field of endeavour including education, business, sports, arts and culture and the professions.
The Australia Day Foundation UK Trust’s objectives are to promote the education, including the social and physical training, of young Australian citizens who are living or working in, or visiting the United Kingdom, in such ways as the charity trustees think fit, including by:
- awarding to such persons financial assistance in the form of allowances and grants tenable at any university, college or institution of higher or further education;
- advancing their education (including the study of the arts, culture, heritage or science), or assisting them to undertake travel in furtherance of that education or to prepare for entry to any occupation, business, trade or profession.
- Please note that there are a limited number of grants available in any one year and the value and number of grants is determined by the Trustees after having regard to all relevant factors.
- Grants can be up to £10,000 except in exceptional circumstance where the Trustees consider a higher amount may be awarded.
- Under no circumstances will the grant be paid direct to the successful applicant.
- Young Australians holding a valid Australian passport with an expiry date on the passport that exceeds the end of the grant period.
- Grants will only be available to applicants who are entitled to work/study in the United Kingdom for the period of the project. You will need to supply evidence of your permission to be in the UK for the period of the project.
For more information, visit Australia Day Foundation UK Trust.