Lotterywest is seeking Expressions of Interest for the Building Community Grant Program under the COVID-19 Relief Fund.
The objective of this grant program is to support the longer-term recovery of Western Australia and to create opportunities for the whole community to come together as a means of enhancing community connection, strengthening social capital, and encouraging the community to repair, rebuild and recover from the pandemic.
- They accept applications from $3,000 upwards and EOIs are available through their website.
- The limit for unincorporated groups or organizations, not GST registered is a combined total of up to $15,000 for each financial year.
- Community is connected through local initiatives that strengthen wellbeing, promote participation and/or volunteering and encourage re-connection after a period of distancing and isolation.
- Marginalized, minority and disadvantaged groups at risk of experiencing prolonged impacts of social isolation and discrimination are actively included in the community.
- Aboriginal people retain and strengthen connection to country, identity and culture.
There has been strong interest in the Lottery west COVID-19 Relief Fund grant programs. To manage this demand, Phase 3 of the Building Community grant program places a greater priority on proposals that respond to the program outcomes and target the following groups:
- Young people (15-24);
- People with a disability; and
- Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal people.
To be eligible for Lottery west support a grant request must be:
- Not-for-profit organisations and local government authorities.
- For charitable or benevolent purposes with outcomes that align with one of COVID-19 Relief Fund streams.
- Directly related to your organization’s purpose. A quick tip: You can check the ‘objects’ or ‘purpose’ in your organization’s constitution or rules.
- Taking place in WA, or be of direct benefit to the WA community.
How To Apply
- Expressions of Interest (EOIs) are now open. If you have a time-sensitive proposal, they encourage you to submit an EOI as soon as possible.
- Please call them to discuss your idea and how it aligns with the program outcomes and criteria before submitting an EOI.
- Their team will be reviewing EOIs regularly. They will contact you to give feedback and discuss the next steps which may include an invitation to lodge an application.
- For other projects, they may take more time to work with you to review and/or develop the idea taking into consideration other projects proposed for your region or key themes emerging from the expression of interest process. Please note that where an EOI doesn’t respond to the program outcomes, priorities, or criteria, it may not be progressed to a full application.
- In relation to the upcoming State Election on Saturday 13 March 2021, Lotterywest will assume a caretaker role and follow the caretaker guidelines. They will continue to receive and assess grant funding applications, however, funding decisions will be deferred until after the caretaker period has ended. Therefore, any grant applications that have not been submitted in time for Lotterywest assessment, Board recommendation, and Premier approval prior to the caretaker period commencing, will not receive approval confirmation until after the caretaker period. Given grant process timeframes, this is keeping within current turnaround times.
For more information, visit https://www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au/grants/grant-opportunities/building-community