The Challenge Fund has launched its 6th Call for Proposals for business entities from Bosnia and Herzegovina and Sweden. The Challenge Fund is a financing mechanism/instrument of development assistance for any business organization or entity willing to solve a particular problem with innovative solutions.
The success of a Challenge Fund relies on its ability to attract good applications from a wide range of MSMEs/Entrepreneurs. MSMEs/Entrepreneurs whose activities contribute to social and economic development in BiH through the applying Swedish best practice and values is one of the potential sources of applicants. It should capitalize on the strong ties between the two countries and significant population in Sweden with a background in BiH.
The Challenge Fund was established within the Challenge 2.0 – Challenge to Change (C2C) project, financially supported by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), and implemented by the Sarajevo Regional Development Agency “SERDA” and the Development Agency of the Republic of Srpska (RARS). The partner in the project is the Ostergotland region, Eastern Sweden.
- For the 6th call of proposal indicative amount is 420.000 EUR.
- The maximum amount of grant which can be assigned as co-financing through Challenge fund:
- For Startups up to 10.000 EUR (startups are registered business entities which performing activities between 6 and 24 months from the date of registration till the date of publishing Call for Proposals);
- For Mature Business Entities up to 30.000 EUR (all registered business entities which performing activities more than 24 months from the date of registration till the date of publishing Call for Proposals).
- The amount of C2C contribution may not exceed 50% of the total value of the project for which the grant is awarded. The maximum amount of own contribution for the implementation of the project is not defined.
- Eligibility of Applicants: To be eligible for a grant, the applicant must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- be a legal person;
- be established in Bosnia and Herzegovina or Sweden;
- perform the registered activity for at least 6 months till the date of publication of the Call for Proposals,
- be registered for profit-making activity;
- must provide minimum 50% of cost share (of the total value of the project);
- be directly responsible for the preparation and implementation of the activities with the partners (if any).
- Eligibility of Partners: Partner(s) must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- be a legal person;
- be established in Bosnia and Herzegovina or Sweden.
For more information, visit https://c2c.ba/en/calls/6th-call-for-proposals-for-innovative-business-ideas/7