The Charles H. Ivey Foundation is accepting applications for its Grants to support charities addressing youth at risk in Southern Ontario, with a focus on innovative projects in the areas of education, health care, social services, arts & culture, and the environment.
- Grants in a range from $5,000 to $150,000, in one to three year commitments.
- Charities supporting youth-at-risk who fall in the age range of 13 to 25
- Charities based in Southern Ontario; south of Ottawa, North Bay, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie. Manitoulin Island is included in our geographic area of support.
- They have a preference for smaller organizations, though all levels are welcome to apply
- They have a preference for funding specific projects, however they accept a wide range of applications and consider them on a case-by-case basis
- Eligible charities are encouraged to apply with a Grant Proposal Letter as a single page .PDF file containing the following information:
- A brief description of the project or purpose for which funding is sought.
- The amount of funding requested.
- An outline as to how the project fits into CHIF’s mission statement and eligibility criteria.
- A brief description of the organization’s history, objectives and activities.
- A brief budget and timeline for the project.
- Organizations that are not registered charities
- Organizations not supporting youth at risk, or supporting children under the age of 13
- Organizations not based in Southern Ontario; those north of and including Ottawa, North Bay, Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie
- Land acquisition projects
- Endowment funds
- Religious institutions or political groups
For more information, visit Charles H. Ivey.