The Fat Beehive Foundation is seeking applications for its Digital Funding for Small Charities program that provides small grants for websites and digital products to other small UK registered charities.
The aim is to help these organisations carry out their work in a more efficient and effective way, resulting in positive social benefit.
They can only support a limited amount of projects, based on the funding available for distribution in any given year. Their funding priorities over the next year are:
- Environmental protection or climate change mitigation
- Human rights
- International development
- Equality and Diversity
- Social justice / Refugees / Housing
- Art & culture
- Health and wellbeing
- Prisoner rehabilitation
- The Fat Beehive Foundation exists to change that, offering small grants of up to £2,500 to charities with a turnover of less than £1 million.
In awarding grants, the Trustees will apply the following principles:
- Applications from any geographical area within the UK are eligible for consideration.
- All applications from previous recipients of grants or from previously unsuccessful applicants will be considered by the Trustees on their own merits.
- Although the Trustees will have regard to the outcome of the previous application, any new application will in no way receive preferential or adverse consideration.
- The Charity will not normally support applications from large charities i.e. those with an annual income in excess of £1 million or charities dedicated to issues deemed by the Trustees to be already well funded within the UK.
- The Charity will willingly fund partnerships with other organisations to fund initiatives beyond the financial scope of a single organisation.
- You must be a UK registered charity.
- You must be a small charity (income less than £1 million).
- You must have a clear, defined goal for their digital presence (fundraising, campaigning, providing information etc.)
- You must be able to commit to supporting the project with staff or volunteer time and resources.
- You must agree to include Funded by the Fat Beehive Foundation on any work funded, in part or full, by the Fat Beehive Foundation for three years from time project is publicly launched.
- Agree to commence work on the project within three months of being awarded a grant.
- The grant should not be used to solely cover core digital costs such as hosting and support, staff digital training or digital staff salaries.
For more information, visit https://www.fatbeehivefoundation.org.uk/