Deadline: 20 January 2017
The Kubota Fund is seeking applications for its grant from trainees and students from developing countries that belong to study or training program(s) provided by private enterprises or research/educational institutes located in Japan.
The Kubota Fund is based upon Mr. Kubota’s conviction that economic development and social stability of developing countries are ultimately produced by engineers’ self-esteem and self-reliance for which the training of engineers is crucial.
- From Yen 80,000- to Yen120,000.
- The period of each grant is one year.
- To Provide Financial Aid To Those Who Come From Developing Countries For Receiving Training Or Doing Research (Particularly In Such Fields As Civil, Electrical, Agricultural Engineering, Environment, Energy Or Development Economics) At Business Firms Or Other Organizations In Japan.
- Other activities necessary to attain the objective of the Fund.
- Applicant must be a national of developing country or born & raised at a developing region; its annual GDP per capita must be less than US$7,000.
- Applicant should belong to a business enterprise, research/educational institute located in Japan.
- Applicant must be (or will have to be) pursuing academic degree(s)/conducting research project(s) on a specific engineering development theme (preferably civil, electrical, agricultural engineering, environment, energy or development economics).
- Applicant should be recommended by the personnel of the organization to which the applicant belong, such as his/her managerial supervisor(s) and/or academic advisor(s).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit The Kubota Fund.