Deadline: 20 January 2017
The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of China (Taiwan) is currently seeking applications for its “The Lazurite Initiative – Cultural Exchanges and Collaborative Projects between West Asia and South Asia with Taiwan” To foster deeper and more diverse collaboration in the arts among the regions.
The phrase “cultural exchanges and collaborative projects” specifies artist residency, research, literary or artistic creation, joint training programs, traditional arts, performance arts, observatory studies, interviews and media work, field surveys and documentation, product launch or creative debut, transnational or cross-disciplinary collaboration, or other activities agreed upon by the Ministry.
- Category A: Collaborative Cultural Projects Based in Taiwan
- Category B: Collaborative Cultural Projects Based in West or South Asia
- Category C: Bilateral or Multilateral Collaborative Cultural Projects Based in West Asia, South Asia, and Taiwan
- Category A applicants are eligible for up to NT$1 million in funding per project.
- Category B applicants are eligible for up to NT$1.5 million in funding per project.
- Category C applicants are eligible for up to NT$2.5 million in funding per project.
Domestic legal entities, public and private educational institutions, or civic groups registered in accordance with domestic law are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via postal mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Taiwan.
For more information, please visit The Lazurite Initiative.