The Mercy Foundation’s Social Justice Small Grants Program is now open for applications to provide seed funding to assist communities and organisations in building capacity that will help create structural change and bring about greater social justice in Australia.
Priority will be given to small organizations and those groups that receive no other funding. The Social Justice Small Grants Program funds projects within Australia only.
Area of Focus: Poverty
- Funding under this program ranges between $ 1,000 to $ 10,000 per organization.
The following criteria will be used to assess Social Justice Small Grant applications:
- Priority is given to:
- Innovative projects that require seed funding to increase social equity and inclusion and challenge unjust structures and systems
- Projects that target disadvantaged women and / or women with children
- Small to medium organizations with a turnover of less than $ 500,000 with limited access to other funding sources
- Applications are accepted for projects that are run wholly within Australia, by community-based groups or organizations based in Australia.
- Organizations applying for funds must be a legal entity (or auspiced by a legal entity), not-for-profit and therefore exempt from income tax, but are not required to have Deductible Gift Recipient status.
For more information, visit https://www.mercyfoundation.com.au/social-justice-grants/social-justice-small-grants/