The Najim Charitable Foundation is seeking applications for its Grant Program.
- Generally, the Foundation will annually distribute at least 5% of the fair market value of its assets to one or more Section 501(c)(3) organizations in the greater San Antonio Area chosen by the Foundation’s Selection Committee.
- The specific focus of the Foundation is to assist children with Food, Shelter, Clothing, Child Abuse/Neglect, Developmental Disabilities, Education (PreK – 12) (Out of School) (Post-Secondary), Foster Care, Homelessness, Mental Health, Medical Treatment, Substance Abuse, and other children’s charitable purposes.
- Assisting children with Food, Shelter, Clothing, Child Abuse/Neglect, Developmental Disabilities, Education – (PreK–12) (Out of School) (Post-Secondary), Foster Care, Homelessness, Mental Health, Medical Treatment, Substance Abuse, and other children’s charitable purposes in the Greater San Antonio area.
- Grants range from $5,000 and up.
- Only Section 501(c)(3) organizations may apply for grants from the Foundation. In addition, the organization must be qualified as 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) and such designation must appear on the IRS Determination letter.
- If the organization is a 509(a)(3), a legal opinion must be attached. Applications from other organizations or individuals will not be considered.
- Only 501(c)(3) organizations located and serving children in the following counties will be considered for funding from the Najim Charitable Foundation – Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson.
- The Najim Charitable Foundation does not provide funding to higher education organizations or toward higher education, capital campaigns/expenditures, multi-year requests, sponsorship, galas, or events.
- Often funding requests exceed amounts available for grants; only a portion of the request may be approved. Some meritorious grant proposals may not be funded, which may result from limited resources instead of the worthiness of the proposal.
- The Foundation will not consider more than one Grant Request per calendar year from an organization.
For more information, visit https://najimfoundation.org/funding-schedule/