In most cases, Tomberg Family Philanthropies initially will make grants to support individual projects only. They generally will not make grants to fund the general operational expenses of non-profit organizations. After the first year, if continued funding is approved, a portion of the grants may be designated for capacity building efforts.
- The grants normally range from $5,000 to $15,000.
- Tomberg Family Philanthropies normally can only offer support for up to three years for each program they fund.
- The Tomberg Family Philanthropies only makes grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations based in the United States and certain government entities or public institutions in the United States such as public schools and universities.
- Tomberg Family Philanthropies fund projects worldwide that are run by these organizations.
- Generally will not make grants to fund the general operating expenses of non-profit organizations. After the first year, if continued funding is approved, a portion of the grants may be designated for capacity building efforts.
- They do not make grants to religious organizations or to fund projects run by religious organizations.
For more information, visit https://www.tombergphilanthropies.org/about-our-grants/