The Town of Canmore is seeking applications for its Community Relief Fund Program which is established to provide non-profits and community organizations with financial support to create programs, services, and events that will help Canmore residents maintain a resilient and sustainable community.
The Community Relief Fund is intended to help offset a portion of the revenue losses and/or additional expenses that are the result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grant will fund programs, services and events that focus on sport, recreation, parks, arts and culture, social services, and environment.
- Successful applicants will receive a one-time financial contribution of up to $5,000 to support community and event organizations with their operational expenses during this unprecedented time.
- Canmore-focused registered non-profit societies, community organizations and community event organizations that:
- Have been in operation prior to January 1, 2019;
- Were in good financial standing in 2019;
- Have experienced an operational deficit and/or decreased income in 2020;
- Has a 2021 operational plan that adheres to provincial public health directives for COVID-19.
- Applications will not be considered eligible if:
- Applicant is a for-profit business and/or corporation;
- The application is incomplete;
- The application and related documentation are submitted after the posted deadline;
- Applicant has received municipal funding within the fiscal year; or
- Applicant has not met the responsibilities of a previously provided Town of Canmore grant.
Applicants will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria:
- Evidence that the organization has been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (based on 2020 approved budget and year-to-date actuals;)
- Organization demonstrated good financial standing in 2019 (Based on board-approved 2019 financial report;)
- Organization has an operational plan for 2021 that considers and adheres to provincial public health directives;
- Organization has an operational budget for 2021 that includes a clear plan to balance any operational deficits by 2022;
- Organization clearly outlines how the Town of Canmore Community Relief fund will be expended in 2021;
- The Community Grant Selection Committee assess the organization’s 2021 operational plan and deems it as meeting community need (Based on the description of the organization’s 2021 operational plan;)
- The Organization has applied for other available grants and/or support programs;
- Organization adheres to all relevant Town of Canmore policies.
For more information, visit https://canmore.ca/residents/awards-grants/community-grants